Thursday, April 7, 2016

Dylusions Butterfly Canvas


 I started with a 9x12 canvas and sprayed on Dylusions Ink spray. Yellow, Postbox Red, Bubblegum Pink, After midnight, a little bit of Calypso teal and Cut grass.














 I did try to use the lime color but it just WASN'T working at all! 




But here it is dried after 2 layers of ink. I dried each layer half way with a heat tool, then let it air dry the rest of the way. I put on 3 layers of ink total.

 Once it was completely dry I started dropping water on it, with a pipette and also light misting. I would let it dry and then put more water on and repeat. I also used water mixed with some perfect pearls as well.

 Here it is finally dry and I am so happy with it! The pictures just don't show how wonderful it looks, it has a velvety look to it in some spots.
I also sprayed it with a good thick layer to some triple thick acrylic spray. That really brought out the vibrant colors.


I used butterflies from a Prima Marketing stamp set 'don't forget to fly' and cut them all out. I colored them with Dylusion's paints in coordinating colors. Then just glued them on. That was quite the task!
i

No comments:

Post a Comment